The only thing we don't offer is off-the-shelf solutions.
COST SAVINGS FOR DISTRICTS, CLEANER ENVIRONMENTS FOR STUDENTS
These days especially, school districts all across the country are looking for ways to become more efficient with their costs while not losing focus on their core mission of education. Dwindling federal, state and local resources are forcing districts to make tough choices and cuts, making it very difficult to maintain an effective in-house custodial operation. That's where we can help. With SMS you don't lose control of your operations or the custodial staff. To the contrary, you gain a strategic business partner dedicated to one thing: taking good care of your school district.
With SMS at the helm, your school custodial operations will run like an impeccable, finely tuned machine — minus all of the headaches of maintaining it. Whether we are keeping your schools clean and polished or cleaning up after a basketball game, we will take care of every single detail.
Overview of Services
Classrooms, restrooms, hallways, gyms, cafeterias, entryways, even office areas — our proven systems will ensure that your schools stay in tip-top condition.
Using proprietary systems and zone maps, as well as a designed summer and winter cleanup plan, we carefully diagram all surfaces throughout each school building and create deep cleaning schedules to keep everything sparkling without interrupting educator's or student's schedules. From carpet and wood flooring to tile and terrazzo, no surface is beyond our reach.
We teach our employees the importance of communicating with school administrators and educators. This allows us to keep control over any outbreaks within a school or district wide, whether it is the flu, strep, MRSA, or the stomach bug, this communication will help us keep your schools disinfected. Also, with unlimited access to our healthcare division, our infectious pathogen cleaning eliminates 99% of the most aggressive infectious disease organisms.
Our operations are formatted not only to meet state and OSHA requirements, but to also exceed them. We also implement safety recognition systems that allow employees to identify safety hazards and prevent accidents.
Employee background checks
We understand that the safety of your students is your top priority. With this in mind, we designed our hiring process to make sure we staff only the best.Some of the steps all SMS employees are required to undergo:
- Our own extensive background check
- FBI checks
- Checks with all sex offender lists
- Initial and random drug screens
School Custodial Services Blog
Learn strategies for keeping your school healthy and pristine. Subscribe to get posts delivered straight to your inbox!
Check out our
Outsourcing with SMS
Outsourcing with SMS allows for the following benefits:
- Cost savings due to the transfer of recruiting, hiring, training expenses, equipment purchase and repair, restroom product purchase (bathroom tissue, paper towels, and soap) and custodial employee payroll (benefits and taxes)
- Cleaner facilities and a more highly trained, more efficient custodial staff
- Top of the line equipment to better care for your schools
- A district-dedicated facilities manager to ensure productivity, customer service and contract compliance
- An excellent support system of more than 100 professionals whose sole job is to make sure our teams exceed your expectations